Kitchen door handles are elements that combine utility and decorative functions, with the latter seemingly sometimes marginalized. And yet, manufacturers of accessories are constantly enriching their offers. They do so to expand the range of possible choices and facilitate the fitting of handles to any currently fashionable interior design style.
From the point of view of dimensions, the handle is a relatively small element of the furniture and seems to have little effect on its aesthetic reception. However, in practice it can change its appearance, sometimes even diametrically. Depending on the role we give it, it can complement the interior arrangement, inscribing in its style, or it can be an intriguing counterpoint that will become a decoration of the room in itself.
Choosing the right kitchen cupboard handles will help personalize the look of the room, and is now the most popular interior design trend.
First of all: functionality while choosing handles for kitchen cabinets
Choosing furniture handles for specific rooms, it is impossible to escape the criterion of functionality. The nature of the interior, frequency of use, susceptibility to dirt are factors that must be taken into account.
Although small, the handles must be durable, yet easy to clean and comfortable to use. The importance of these criteria is best seen when kitchen handles are the focus of choice. Not only that in this type of interior, cabinets and drawers, and with them handles, work constantly, they are also exposed to stains, dirt and stains that appear during the preparation of meals or cleaning operations.
Perfect kitchen pulls are characterized by a shape that makes them easier to keep clean.That is why the cooking zone is always dominated by minimalist bar handles or their variant – recessed handles that, when recessed into the front of the cabinet, do not interfere when working at the kitchen counter top. Let’s give up decorations or intricate geometric shapes – though aesthetic, can cause a lot of trouble in the future. What’s more, when designing kitchen equipment, it is worth focusing on larger models made of solid material. They provide the possibility of convenient catching and opening of the often weighing several dozen kilograms drawers.
How to choose kitchen handles?- Aesthetics and styles
The decorative aspect takes on a special meaning in more representative kitchens. It is here that you can take advantage of the wide range of models available on the market.
The selected handles may differ in terms of materials used (porcelain, metal, wooden, plastic), as well as the style.
- Products with a harmonious, classic line or retro stylizations will perfectly fit country and old style interior.
- Ascetic minimalism straight from cool Scandinavia will go with almost every style.
- Full of elegance, shiny with crystal elements handles will fully satisfy lovers of glamour style.
- Raw, hand-forged forms for lovers of postindustrial climates.
Manufacturers of furniture accessories have prepared proposals tailored to all tastes and needs.
The most important thing is that the handle we choose fits the furniture fronts in which it will be mounted.
- It must play with both the form, finishing material and the entire interior composition, usually kept in one specific style.
- Its size should correspond to the size of the front and be adjusted in a proportional way – too small will not have the appropriate effect, too large – grotesquely overshadowed by the beauty of the front.
- It should be mounted with considering the principles of ergonomics. Choosing a handle is not only a matter of color or shape, but also how to attach it. In addition, they can be mounted in a variety of ways on furniture: perpendicular and parallel to the counter top and in different arrangements relative to each other.
However, to choose a handle we need a slightly broader context – the color of furniture and arrangement elements or the material from which the front is made.
- With dark, heavy wood and stylized, sophisticated furniture, antique handles in shades of antique gold or warm brass will play great.
- Bright fronts can be harmoniously combined with a delicate, silver finish or, in contrast, handles in a strong, dark shade.
It is worth checking out many combinations and choosing the one that will perfectly complement our dream interior.
Third: the power of detail
Replacing furniture handles can completely change the look of furniture that has been used for years and give our interior a bit of freshness and a completely new character.
If someone dreams of refreshing the kitchen, all they have to do is replace the handles or knobs. As a result, the furniture will again attract attention, and the entire room will undergo a discreet metamorphosis. Our company currently offers 1,000 various products – door handles, knobs and furniture handles. Every year we include new models from the best Italian and Polish manufacturers. Just a little creative invention to change the climate of your apartment at a low cost(check our 30% sales).
Everyone consciously and thoughtfully chosen handle can create a piece of furniture with character. Retro, which is still very popular, will perfectly match the style of wooden, aged, slightly rustic fronts. It is enough to add delicate, porcelain handles with a subtle print to create an interior with a somewhat sentimental expression that will transport us to the atmosphere of past eras.
The same wooden furniture, combined with massive brushed steel handles, in the color of antiqued gold, will create an atmosphere of a noble manor house. The element of modernity will be added to the interior when you combine precious wood with a minimalist handle with a designer shape and soft line.
Enamel fronts provide an equally large field for design performances. We will achieve a futuristic effect with a hint of glamour when the black fronts are combined with shiny handles made of crystals and precious stones, and the white fronts are refreshed by adding slightly contrasting handles in classic black and fashionable anthracite.