Recently, I was delighted with shell-shaped furniture handles. Although, in my own new kitchen I put on white, classic, porcelain handles based on brass, I think that the shells would suit me more … I came to this conclusion after visiting a friend who recently exchanged handles in her kitchen; -)
Shell handles and the fashion
Fashion for shell-type handles does not pass away for several seasons. It looks like it is not going to change in a close future. Actually, a lot of kitchens are designed in the English, Scandinavian, Provencal rustic style, or shabby chic. I am a big fan of such stylizations.
That’s why I fell into total delight seeing changes in my friend’s kitchen. She had very modern shell handles in it, but she was not entirely satisfied with them. Only half her fingers were in them and the cabinets opened very uncomfortably.
What is more, it turned out, that too modern additions are not in the style of my friend. So when she finally found the perfect handles, she did not think twice. She exchanged them in the blink of an eye. She chose brass shell handles, which perfectly match white kitchen cupboards.
Shell handles- the effect
When I showed the effects of replacing handles in the kitchen cabinets on my FB, I was flooded with a wave of messages where you can get one. This motivated me to create a review of the shell-shaped handles. As it turned out, there is a whole bunch of them! You can buy them at really good prices, and the offer is really very diverse. We can choose from a whole lot of colors and shapes. From very stylized to vintage like those from Bosetti Marella or GIUSTI to classics from IKEA. It is worth getting to know the offer of the first ones because, as you know, Italian quality can not be beaten.
Shell handles – overview
- Classic shell handle, zinc, in a colour of brass, FÅGLEBODA, price £9/2 pack IKEA
- Classic shell handle, in black finish, FÅGLEBODA, price £9/2 pack IKEA
- Classic shell handle, zinc, in a colour of chrome, FÅGLEBODA, price £9/2 pack IKEA
- Rustic steel black handle, price about £7/1 piece, Ib Laursen
- Metal vintage shell handle, stylized old silver colour, price £8/1 piece, GIUSTI
- Metal vintage steel handle, price about £9/1 piece, GIUSTI
- White stylized shell handle, price about £10/1 piece, Ib Laursen
- Brown, stylized shell handle, price about £11/1 piece, Ib Laursen
- Antique shell handle made of znal and zinc, in a colour of old steel,price about £9/1 piece, Bosetti Marella Italy
- Dark brown, antique shell handle,price about £9/1 pice, Bosetti Marella Italy
- Classic shell handle made of znal and zinc, dark brown colour,price about £8/1 piece, Bosetti Marella Italy
- Modern shell handle, glossy chrome finish, price about £8/1 piece, Bosetti Marella
- Stylish shell handle, glossy nickel finish, price about £8/1 piece, Bosetti Marella Italy
- Zinc shell handle, old brass colour, Bosetti Marella £8/1 piece
- Antique old brass shell handle, price about £8/1 piece, Bosetti Marella Italy
- Shabby chic shell handle, Instile Ferretto
- Riveted, metal shell handle, in a colour of Old Nickel Country, price about £7/1 piece, GIUSTI
- Riveted handle in a shape of shell, antique gold colour, Instile Ferretto
- Firmly stylized, gold shell handle, price about £12/1 piece, Bosetti Marella, Italy
- Firmly stylized, glossy silver shell handle, price about £9/1 piece, Bosetti Marella, Italy